Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting us at Paraffin Store. You may use the website only in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice in Ireland, the EU and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
Please note that further Terms and Conditions will be in force for events, promotions and other activity on the website from time to time and you should also familiarise yourself with these Terms and Conditions.
Please also note that in addition to these Terms and Conditions, your statutory rights are unaffected.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before placing your order and if you have any queries please contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org . By using the website you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any additional Terms and Conditions that may be in force applicable to certain promotions, events or otherwise from time to time.
These Terms and Conditions will change from time to time so please regularly check this page to note any changes that may be made. Changes to Terms and Conditions will only apply to orders placed after that change has been made.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by Paraffin Store and its associated companies or affiliates (herein referred to as “PARAFFIN STORE or PARAFFIN INDUSTRIES”)
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. PARAFFIN STORE reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by PARAFFIN STORE in the event that PARAFFIN STORE believes you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
PARAFFIN STORE will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- amend these Terms and Conditions without notice
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them concerning your use of this site or otherwise
We will not be liable if the website is unavailable for any period of time.
Conditions of Making an Online Purchase
- Buying online
- Presentation, pricing and availability of goods
- Right of cancellation
- Gift cards/Vouchers
- You may purchase certain goods online at www.paraffinstore.com. Please see our delivery and returns information for details of delivery charges and restrictions. The delivery times given are estimated and from time to time may be affected by events outside our control, for example inclement weather or postal strikes, for which we will not be responsible.
- Our standard shipping rate for orders under €50 within the Republic of Ireland is €6.00. We offer Free Standard Delivery on orders over €50 within the Republic of Ireland, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time and standard restrictions apply. For UK orders, our standard shipping rate is €9.99. Please note we only ship to Mainland UK, Chanel Islands are not included. Where an order is placed for the Chanel Islands, the order will be cancelled and will be refunded. For information on shipping to countries outside Ireland and the UK please email email@example.com.
- For International Shipping we have 2 options available: 1. Standard Shipping which is untracked for €25. 2. Tracked Shipping which is tracked €35. Please note if you choose Standard Shipping, we will not be held responsible for any orders that get lost or misplaced during shipping. You choose this option at your own risk. For shipping to other countries outside what we have listed please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By placing an order online you make an offer to purchase in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. We will acknowledge receipt of your order both online and via an email order confirmation but this does not constitute our acceptance of your offer to purchase. Your offer has been accepted only when we have confirmed that the order has been dispatched and payment has been made. You will be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges that may be applied by PARAFFIN STORE or otherwise to your order.
- PARAFFIN STORE reserves the right to refuse any order for any reason. Orders may be delayed or cancelled where PARAFFIN STORE is not given completely accurate information and/or is unable to contact the person who placed the order or cardholder responsible for payment of same. In the event of us having to redeliver an order due to inaccurate information or unsuccessful delivery attempts, the customer will be liable for the re-delivery fee.
- Once we accept your order it cannot be amended. Therefore please ensure it is accurate when you confirm the order.
- Once you’ve placed an order on the website, we will send you an email to acknowledge your order. This acknowledgement does not imply an acceptance of the order. For returns, you need to notify us within 14 days of your order and have the items returned within the following 14 days. Please see our Delivery and Returns Policy for exclusions, conditions and method of return.
Presentation, pricing and availability of goods
We always aim to ensure that all details, sizes, colours, descriptions and prices appearing on this website are accurate, but from time to time errors may occur. While we try to accurately represent the colour of an item in our photographic representation of the item may be affected by the settings of the computer on which it is viewed or for other technical reasons. Please note all images on our website are for illustrations purposes only.
Where we have made an error in the price of an item on our site we reserve the right to withdraw this item from sale at this price and present it at the correct price. If you have placed an order at the incorrect price, we will inform you of the error and give you the opportunity to confirm your order at the correct price, or cancel the order.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
All items sold are subject to availability and while every effort is made to fulfil your order, products turn over very quickly in our warehouse and on rare occasions the item you require may not be available although you have received a confirmation of your order. We will advise you by email if we have to cancel your order for this reason, and no payment will be taken.
Returning goods bought as special offers
Please note that if you return a single item bought as part of a multi-buy discount offer (for example “Buy 2 for €30”) you will be refunded the full price less the total discount given in the offer. If you return all items purchased with the multi-buy discount you will be refunded with the full multi-buy value.
For combination purchases such as buy one get one free or get the lowest priced item free, you need to return any free items or vouchers back to us in order to process your refund.
Delivery costs are charged in addition to the product price and included in the total cost in accordance with our charges as detailed in our Delivery and Returns information. Any additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the total cost when you check out.
If you order goods from the website for delivery in another jurisdiction other than the Republic of Ireland, or order goods using a non Euro denominated credit or debit card, the actual price you will be charged will be subject to the exchange rate applied by your credit or debit card company.
PARAFFIN STORE aims to provide you with a safe, reliable shopping experience. If you pay using your debit/credit card, your account will be charged at the time of the order, once you confirm your order on the website. If we are unable to ship your items to you for some reason, we will refund the value of the items that were not sent. This refund will be made to the payment method that you used for the order.
During the checkout process, we may use the information you provided to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. In so doing, we may disclose your address and postcode, as well as other information about your order, to third parties to perform that validation. Any disclosure of your information is done securely and you will never receive any marketing solicitation as a result of the information provided.
Your satisfaction is our first priority. If you are anything less than delighted with any item, for any reason, you can return it unused and in a saleable condition. You need to inform us you intend to return the item(s) within 14 days of purchase and you need to have the item returned to us within the following 14 days.
SALE ITEMS: Please note all sale or discounted items must be returned within 7 days from your order date. A refund is only guaranteed if returned within this time frame. Any items received after this date will be sent back to the original delivery address.
3 FOR 2 SALE
PLEASE NOTE: For 3 for 2 offer, you will get the cheapest item free.
Goods must be returned
- Within 28 days of receipt
- In an unused/unworn condition
- With the original delivery docket
- With the original packaging/boxes
Refunds and Exchanges are not permitted after the 28 day period.
All returns need to be returned to the address provided on the docket provided with your order.
From time-to-time we may offer certain online promotions which may apply to certain items purchased on the website. The conditions relating to the discounts offered through those promotions will be specified at the time of issue.
We sometimes run online promotions that are not available in our retail stores, and we run other promotions in-store that are not available online. Unless stated explicitly, in-store promotions are not valid on the website, and vice versa.
PARAFFIN STORE reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the discount at any time without notice.
- E vouchers are used for online purchases and are currently available for PARAFFIN STORE purchases only. Evouchers are available in Euro only and although orders may be placed using an e voucher outside the Republic of Ireland, delivery is within the Republic of Ireland only. See our Delivery Information for further details. An e voucher cannot be exchanged for cash. An e voucher will be emailed and a regular gift voucher will be despatched by post as soon as payment has been cleared. PARAFFIN STORE are not responsible for any delays in sending the voucher. From time to time an e voucher may be caught in spam filters or other security arrangements. Once we have despatched the voucher it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure it can be received.
Terms Governing Web Content and its Use
Linking to this website
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by PARAFFIN STORE. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, Trade Mark and other Intellectual Property Rights
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively “Content”) are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by PARAFFIN STORE or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of PARAFFIN STORE, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by Irish and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, PARAFFIN STORE grants a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access and use this website and the materials displayed thereon. However, no right, title or interest in any such materials will be granted or transferred to you as a result of any permitted use of such materials.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off a copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way from the website, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors, owners or licensees of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
- PARAFFIN STORE reserves the right to claim damages, financial or otherwise, for any breach of these guidelines.
Submission and uploading material to our website
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such PARAFFIN STORE will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions. Further, PARAFFIN STORE shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. PARAFFIN STORE shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
PARAFFIN STORE will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Social Media House Rules
The PARAFFIN STORE Social Communities have been created with you in mind. We want to show you what we’re doing and communicate with you on things that interest you and at the same time provide a channel where you can engage and interact with other’s who have similar interests to you.
That being the case we want everyone to feel comfortable visiting our social pages (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to discuss apparel and fashion. This means we monitor and review comments and remove anything that we deem to be inappropriate, offensive or contain external links that we feel might cause offence to other users. If you post something that is relevant then it will be left.
Comments left by others do not represent the opinions of PARAFFIN STORE.
A list of things that we consider to be in breach of our house rules includes:
- Any comments which we consider threatening, harassing, abusive, violent, inciting violence or otherwise inflammatory to others (including other social media users) will be removed and users may be banned.
- Any posts that are seen to be encouraging or may encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence will be removed and users may be banned.
- Any comments that are discriminatory, racist, sexually explicit, vulgar, or offensive to others (including other social media users) will be removed and users may be banned.
- Any comments that contain unlawful content or might encourage unlawful behaviour will be removed and users may be banned.
- Any comments that included promotional information, including links to third parties or their products or services may be removed.
- Any comments that contain political or religious activism or sectarian language will be removed.
- Any content that infringes or may infringe third party intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights will be removed.
- Any content, comments or posts that are defamatory will be removed.
- False, fraudulent, or misleading comments may be removed.
- Any content that PARAFFIN STORE considers to be spam, corrupt or may contains viruses that will be harmful to other users devices will be removed.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provided “as is” and “as available” and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, PARAFFIN STORE and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or grossly negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
- Any failure of a product ordered from the website to meet your expectations regarding fitness for purpose or for loss, injury or damage caused by a produce ordered online
PARAFFIN STORE does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. PARAFFIN STORE makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the Republic of Ireland.
Although this website is available worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced are available to all persons in all geographic locations due to restrictions placed on product distribution by our suppliers or otherwise. PARAFFIN STORE reserves the right to limit at its sole discretion supply of these products and services as it so desires and any offer of any product or service on the website shall be void where prohibited
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit PARAFFIN STORE’s liability for death or personal injury arising from gross negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
PARAFFIN STORE will not be responsible for a failure to sell goods which you wish to buy or failure to comply with our obligations to you or any costs or liabilities which you incur as a result of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PARAFFIN STORE directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
PARAFFIN STORE shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning and intent of the term as is permitted by law.
Any contract arising from the acceptance by PARAFFIN STORE of an order is legally binding on both parties and cannot be assigned to another party with PARAFFIN STORE express agreement. PARAFFIN STORE may transfer or assign its rights under any contract or appoint third parties to assist it in performing its obligations at any time provided it does not affect it obligations to the purchaser.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, PARAFFIN STORE will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services PARAFFIN STORE provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (PARAFFIN STORE and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and PARAFFIN STORE. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of PARAFFIN STORE.